WOOL CARPET CAREMake sure you are taking the best care of your wool carpet.
How to Best Care for Wool Carpet
Wool carpets are a beautiful addition to any home, and they’re usually valuable as well. Because of this, you want to make sure that you take the best care possible so they last a long time and continue looking great. It’s not enough to just prevent spills and stains; proper cleaning is an essential part of caring for wool carpet. Read through our tips for our every wool carpet cleaning tips, or call Temecula Valley Chem-Dry in Temecula today if you need quick and effective wool carpet cleaning.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
- Get ahead of dirt and stains. Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home to trap dirt before it even reaches your carpets. Be sure to clean the mats when they become dirty. It’s also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air, and therefore out of your carpets.
- Maintain a regular vacuuming schedule. Carpet should be vacuumed frequently in order to prevent dirt from settling and building up. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full to avoid potential spills and leaks.
- Pay special attention to the traffic lanes and areas in front of frequently used furniture. These areas may require more frequent cleaning. You may start to see faint dirt build-up. Get these areas cleaned before they get worse and settle in forever.
- Always a few paper towels on hand along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents. Don’t allow spills to dry and become stains, handle them right away!
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
If all else fails, call Temecula Valley Chem-Dry and we’ll take care of your wool carpets for you with our expert knowledge, extensive training, and specialty safe products!
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Southwest Riverside County, CA including: Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee, Wildomar, Canyon Lake, Winchester, Lake Elsinore, Hemet, San Jacinto and Perris.
Temecula Valley Chem-Dry
Carpet, Upholstery, Area Rug, Tile Cleaning in Southwest Riverside County
Call for A Free Estimate:
Hours: Daily 6am-9:30pm